Friday, August 29, 2008

Do not be afraid to leave

Never be afraid to walk away from a deal. If the dealer accepts your first offer, then it was probably too high. When a dealer says this offer is only good today, right this very minute, it is not true. The best deals I have ever made happened after I left. For example, I went in to buy the last 2005 Yukon Denali in the state, at the same time the new 2007 body style was coming out. The sticker on the car was $53,055.00 It had an $8,000 rebate on it with an invoice of $49,354.00 So invoice plus rebates would have put it at $41,354.00. Now as I said earlier, invoice is not the bottom price. I went in and offered $36,000.00 and they told me to drop dead, so I left. Minutes later I got a call from the dealer to come back, so I did and they said that they would take the offer. I told them that my offer was only good at that time and now I would only pay $35,000.00 again they told me no way, so I left again. The same thing happened, they called me and told me to come back again. So I repeated my previous statement and told them that my offer of $35,000.00 was no longer good and my new offer was $34,000.00 they told me no way again. I let them know that my next offer would be lower and the one after that would be even lower. They finally conceded and before I was done I had the car at $34,000.00 plus they put on the paint protection package and the interior stain guard.

No comments: